Pages

Thursday 8 November 2012

Post-It notes and other stuff

A couple days ago, we found post-it notes stuck around the school with messages on them like, "smile" or "someone cares." They where posted around the school including bathrooms, change rooms, hallways, classrooms, and on lockers.
I'm pretty sure the notes where just a prank or a one-day joke by a couple of kids, because most kids just laughed or mocked the person who they thought wrote them, or just simple ripped them off and threw them away. Although they were probably not put up for the intent of inspiring someone and instead were probably put up as a joke to mock teachers who give speeches of the same nature, they were pretty inspiring.
I was pretty pissed that I wasn't the one who thought of it and I think i might actually start sticking some up on mirrors in bathrooms and change rooms. Although I'm pretty sure they'll be ripped down, I'll take the chance. One of my life goals is to make a positive impact on someone's life (sounds cheesy, right? Like totally not something your English teacher would say.)
When it comes to laughing at suff, I'm an odd shild. Well, I'm always an odd child, but we don't need to go into that. (: On one hand I'm right there alongside with everyone laughing at the giver of the speech, called them naive for thinking such things. On the other hand, I'm secretly agreeing with the speech, (in this case) and admire the person for having the guts to say those things when they know they'll probably be laughed at beghind their back.
I don't know what's worse: lying about how you feel to fit in, or having to hide how you feel in order to be accepted.

This was an odd post. I went from talking aboit sticky notes and encouraging messages to lying to fit in. Well the TL;DR of this is:
 1. I think it's great to post sticky notes in public places with encouraging messages in hopes of making a positive impact on someone's life, and
2. I think it's terrible how you have to hide and lie about how you feel about certain things in order to be accepted and laughed at.
~acer. (:

No comments: